Now that the season of ghosts and ghouls is behind us it’s time to turn our focus full on to fall! Today, design team member Jennifer Nicholes shows us a positively darling fall banner created with the icon of rustic materials—burlap! The perfect pennants paired with the Kiwi Lane Designer Templates, makes for an absolutely darling fall-time decoration.
Here’s what you will need to create a gorgeous home decor piece of your own.
- Kiwi Lane Designs Nature 4 & 4T, Shapes 4T, Holiday 2T
- Burlap Triangles
- Patterned Paper – Bella Blvd- Finally Fall
- Brown Cardstock
- Vintage Photo Ink with Dauber
- Glimmer Mist Pearl
- Tim Holtz Distress-er
- Twine – Natural & Brown
- Buttons, Pins, brads
To create this banner follow these simple steps:
- Trace and cut out the leaves and ovals for the pumpkin out of patterned paper of your choice
- Distress the edges and ink.
- Spray with Glimmer Mist and shape the leaves and ovals the way you want them to look.
- Stitch each shape in place on the burlap triangles.
- Cut out FALL out of Brown cardstock Distress and stitch on triangles.
- Stitch the top of the triangles to place the rope. Very easy and FUN to make…Note: I did NOT use adhesive on this banner, I hand stitched everything on the burlap with the twine. I also hand stitched the top of the triangles over to slide the rope in. The banner is able to slide back and forth to place where I want it to.
Jen, you are absolutely talented girl! Thank you so much for sharing your idea with us to help get our homes ready for fall.
Have a great weekend everyone and be sure to find some time to get creative.